PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Mull
Thread: Flying to Mull
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2004, 21:47
EGCJFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all, thanks so much for all your posts - more than I ever anticipated I'd get. Now to reply to you all that took the time to offer your time and advice to me.......

Genghis/TonyR - never took anything personally if that's what you thought. I appreciate your comments. My only question to you both is this - what's the point in an aircraft having limits if you can't use them?? I assume the Piper and all other aircraft manufacturers allow some slack in their numbers and quote the worst case. I will use those worst case figures and never exceed them, as was visible in my numbers that I quoted to you...

TonyR - as for being a fool - I thought that a little unfair given that I fully intend discussing this with an instructor, have spent nummerous hours planning all the detail and last of all posted on this website for further advice!! Mark of a fool to me is someone who wouldn't adequately plan, not discuss with anyone and certainly not bother seeking advice from th aviation community! Last thing Tony, I'd be the last person to knock anyone's advice, please don't make assumptions about me when you don't know me, I have altered some plans based on your suggestion and once again, if I was going to do it without listening to people, I'd never have posted in the first place.

Whirlybird - Comments on safety are taken fully onboard. Whilst I appreciate that a lot of low hour PPLs are indeed over confident, I am the last person to through myself into something I wasn't capable of. Whilst I want to have a good time flying, I also would like to see the remaining 50+ years of my life (29 by the way!)

DRJAD - if you are around Sherburn in the next few weeks, wouldn't mind meeting you for a beer and a chat?? pm me if this is ok with you??

Fat, Dumb & Happy - if you'd read my earlier posts, you'd have seen that I am going to Oban and doing two trips to Mull to ferry my pax. and the same on my return.

Nosewheelfirst - absolutely agree with you - if I spend anymore time (as I've done for the last year or so) doing flights in the local area, I am soon going to get bored and pack in flying as it offers no more challenges!

Skinny Runt - would love to chat with you a bit more, as you seem to have info re. local area. Can you pm me please?

All - once again, thanks for your comments. I have found this most useful in determining what, when and how I do it. Please, if you have anymore, through it my way. And if you're ever planning a trip to Sherburn, let me know and have a beer or two at the bar!!

Thanks very much.