PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services 455% price hike - HELP!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2004, 04:27
Gerard Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for raising the Regional Airlines element in all of ths. I had not fully appreciated it.

There will be many sectors adversely affected in many different ways - right down to the coffee shop at the airport... (and I got 30 plus submissions from them and their patrons yesterday, at Jandakot.)

One thing that strikes me is that we are being hit with changes and charges in a fairly intense timeframe. One masking the influence of the other - possibly?

A further element to this flood of change and charges it has been put to me is that there is an overall strategy emerging to eradicate the 'small' CPL flight school from the industry.

Why? Again it has been suggested that CASA would find the regulation of a small handfull of large schools much easier than now.

The spin off of this is large flight schools will be the only source of professional flight training. And who owns the big fight schools? The major airlines! So, start up, independant airlines such as VB would not be able to source crew...

Interesting concept, as I say, put to me by someone who 'should know'. Any comments?

Finally for now, thanks for all the email submissions overnight. We are now in the closing days and your support is greatly appreciated.

Go to www.australis.biz/asapricing please and put an email submission in for us and all who use towered airports. It only takes a few clicks and your name entered at the bottom to send off your oppinion and make it count!

Fly safe.

Ged.