PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2004, 10:42
QANTASTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question??

I have a few questions to anyone in the know thats on line with QF ?? Why are QF only offering externals a 10month contract based long haul Mel ..80 staff required in total ?? Who will fill the gap once they all leave?? They have around 300 if not more MAM casuels on line now and I belive a lot more going on line once the current MAM interviews are over. Will they always have this big base of casuels working for QF on going month to month??
I was told DIRECTLY with QF HR that QF are going to be doing ANOTHER drive for new hire as they have NO more shortlisters on the list. Why would this be required?? Also why are short haul crew been asked if they want to work on a 3 year contract in Brisbane and then return to their short haul position after that??
The whole thing at the moment is so hard to understand !!
Why has the crew not said enough is enough ..special long haul crew since there job seems to be more at risk!! I belive from August the short haul crew will be flying to HKG and TYO sharing with long haul crew..So once the london base is up no more EUROPE flying domestic crew fly regionals domesti crew fill in Brisbane ..So really the long haul crew are getting screwed from both sides!! WHY HAVENT THEY DONE SOMTHING TO PUT A STOP NOW !! Or is QF just saying all this just to get what they want and use LON as a threat !! So if they dont get they want by by crew!! Lets face it from all this there wont be much flying available for long haul crew by MID JUL next year if all goes to plan !! WILL THERE??? ACTION NOW AND give QF a taste of what they are up against?? Sorry to ask so many questions it just angers me with everything that is happening??