PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Mull
Thread: Flying to Mull
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2004, 18:17
EGCJFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Flying to Mull

Hi there, I'm fairly new to posting on Prune but have found all the information on here very helpful. I am a low hour PPL - 70 hours, passed at 45 (was lucky!) and am based at Sherburn. Now due to embark on my longest trip yet.... to Mull! Wondered if anyone has travelled up there from the North of England and which route you selected??

I will be flying one of the club's Warriors and am taking three of my friends and a bit of baggage. Because I will be at full weight (fuel just over half full - est. 3 hours endurance), I have elected to fly myself to Leeds Bradford and pick them up from there. Currently, I have planned up to the DCS then into Prestwick Airport to top up on fuel before heading North to Mull. I am just about to embark on my IMC so am wholly reliant on the weather being fair otherwise I will need to route around the Lake District or cancel it completely!!

Plan to do a bit of island hopping when I'm there so going to make the most of my time up there.....

I guess the reason for typing this thread is to see if anyone has made similar trips, in similar conditions with similar restrictions?? Would appreciate anyone's tips in order to make my first flying weekend the best experience yet!

Thanks!