PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pet Peeves
Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 12:17
Little One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waffle waffle on freq with things I already know like the altitude restriction on a sid. ie ... passing 6300ft on the XXX departure climbing to FL 090. An then still giving me more info that I already know cause it was on your flight plan and is on the strips like we are a B738 routing via XXX airroute to XXX destination.

Telling me things that don't help me at all "Do you know that this acft can do 250kts till 10DME". If I tell you to reduce speed I obviously don't want you to do 250 kts cause half the Boeing factory is flying ahead of you.

Calling ready in turn when you are number one at the Holding point.

Reporting that you are aproaching a holding point that you have been told to hold at when if you look out you will see an acft obviously landing or departing. Ie its weels are rolling down the tar.

Telling me you have the depature RWY in sight and are happy to use it for landing. Its the departure RWY for a reason and usually has acft waiting at the hold to use it, but these acft are never seen and the procedure we have is we will issue it for landing if there are no deps cause we know its a shorter taxi to he gate fom there.

Lots more but I'll leave those to moan about in the pub