PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Bondi Beach Project- Airspace Discussion in Sydney
Old 24th Jun 2004, 03:23
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry to be a little negative Chris Higgins but an open meeting with people debating will achieve absolutely nothing.

First of all, the debate currently going on between Dick Smith and VoR is already showing the various points of view. Dick has an entrenched position and he is not the sort of person to comprise on anything. Having an open discussion will simply have people talking over the top of each other, yelling etc. Don't you think that if Dick was interested in what anyone else had to say he would have held open meetings around the country before pushing NAS on to the industry? Look at his track record.

Secondly, this forum provides anonymity for persons who operate at high levels in government and the aviation industry. Allowing information that would otherwise never see the light of day to be aired. These people cannot attend an open meeting and you and Dick know this. A cynical person might say that the planned Bondi meeting is a mechanism to flush out the dissenting voices within AsA, DOTARS, CASA etc. Who knows? How are you and Dick connected?

Thirdly, another meeting of pilots, ATCOs etc is just another talkfest. The people who are legally obliged to run airspace in Australia now appear to be back in charge. Dick is once again on the outer, hence his participation on this forum. John Anderson feels the pressure of an election around the corner and he knows he is vunerable on NAS.

What is it you hope to achieve? You talk about ideas you have for increasing student numbers. What has this got to do with the issue at hand? Nothing. Ask any CFI/CP who operates in this country, they know what is required. Coming from someone like yourself who trained in Oz and has lived and worked overseas for twenty years, smacks of " I'm from the US and I am here to help."

I for one have had enough of well meaning amateurs f*cking around with the industry where I make my living. Thank you for your offer but no thanks.