PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas calls
Thread: Qantas calls
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 02:52
Mister Ooh La La

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick question regarding the criminal history check. Making the most of my teenage years, i racked up a couple of Careless Driving charges just for the hell of it (not really, but it was an experience). Although these are legally classed as traffic offences, and as such Civil convictions, it would appear they are returning to haunting me. Currently i have already invested a decent amount into training, and while applying for sideline work to help fund my continuation i have stumbled upon a slight problem.
Most companies with which i am seeking work (office work) all carry out criminal history checks, in which these civil offences make an appearance. In all but one case i have been declined the job due to these and only these (so i am told by the employer anyway). What my inability to handle a car 5 years ago has to do with my ability to flying a computer and telephone, i do not know, but i do think these will be of great consequence when it comes to a job involving flying.
I have heard rumours that civil convictions disappear from you record after a while (im in NZ), however i would greatly appreciate anyone who has had similar offences, and what they have faced when it comes to applying for an airline job.

Many thanks,
MOLL