PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention all BA wannabes!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2004, 08:16
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well you've convinced me now deadrodington ...

Goodness gracious what an outrage, "only" £63 grand plus a 9% pension contribution for a 5 year FO

In fact I'm so angry that I think I'll just withdraw my application, stay here in my turboprop RHS and keep on earning my £19,500 and 5% pension until BA improve their offer. After all, the missus can supplement the household income with her flying instructor pay, that's pulling in another £500 or £600 a month at the moment ... of course it does get a bit less than that in the winter

On the bright side, at least in another 2 or 3 years at this place, when I get my turboprop command, I can make the big coin and earn £34,000 for the rest of forever

And maybe even if I'm really lucky I can save £25,000 over the next few years and buy a type rating so I can go apply to Ryanair

Mate take a look around this forum and the backgrounds of the people who frequent it ... and then waltz on over to ppjn.com and compare 95% of the other pay packets on offer ... if you seriously think that any out of work FATPL holder, or flying instructor or turboprop / RJ driver or whatever, is going to hesitate for a single fraction of a second before they sign on the BA dotted line if they get the opportunity, then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

I couldn't give a continental croissant whether it's "as good as it used to be" or not, the BA job is still the biggest, most prestigious and one of the most secure airline jobs in the UK.

If I for one, get the chance to sign myself up to those terrible old T&C's you're trying to scare us all with, then I won't stop partying for a month