PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention all BA wannabes!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 20:14
FlyUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be quite honest a lot of guys will not even look into the terms of their contract if they are offered a job with BA. They will just take whatever is on offer.
I am just about to start my ATPL's and when i finish all of my training i will be applying to everyone who owns aircraft for a job. But at the end of the day i will take anything. As long as it has two wings and puts hours in my logbook. Be it hours of night freight, or pi$$ poor money. I would rather be doing that than trying to keep licences valid and sitting on the ground looking up all the time.
What gets me is when i speak to other wannabes that just seem to be fixed on flying for a 'big' company. I recently spoke to one guy who didn't even consider flying something smaller than a jet for his first job. Flexibility is all, is it not? Tell me if i am out of line (i'm sure someone will) but in this day and age the bean counters know that low hour pilots will fly for very little, because, people like me want to fly airplanes. You could take everything that makes the job rewarding away, the money, the lifestyle, the people and i would still want to fly planes.

Sorry, i think i've gone off on one.

Rgds, Expedite.