PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid STBYS for RYANAIR Contractors
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 12:56
runawayedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the early 90s I happened to get to a very short list as a cadet with a 'conventional airline'. In the final interview post maybe 11 having travelled a considerable distance each time a smug high time appropriately accented pilot told me I had performed exceptionally well through all stages and I was one of 150 for 100 jobs out of 12,000. However as I had amassed fifty hours with a reputable training school I would undoubtably have bad habits which would not go away. I have over 1,000 hours of leisure flying behind me, and abandonded thoughts of commercial flying. My points, (a) MOL and having a go at the Irish is not really acceptable. (b) The smug interviewer is probably the type you are trying to protect, 'ruining the life of an airline pilot'. (c) stop having a go at flash8, I know hundreds of guys who have payed small fortunes, at the best of schools, now with loans, who will do anything to get on that first rung, all I ever hear these days is frozen ATPLs. Like many of you they had a dream, you have realised it, they're trying to. MOL is using the aviation market for pilots like in most other business supply and demand. Yes, you hate him for it, but, the only constant in life is change, and if you can't unite to fight, then put up or shut up. Finally, what about the whistle blower route, or as P1 if you're not happy with your craft, ground it!