PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Square Circuit
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 15:06
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Run and break from initials is still used as standard practice. It would be nice if occasionaly people realized that there is more than 1 armed service with pilots.

Military cct would probably cause less offence than RAF cct. However I do digress. Surely whatever type of cct you fly you need to be able to reach the runway should you suffer an engine failure (SEP obviously) and I believed that this was taught to be acheived by keeping at least the wingtip, but preferably the roundel (or where one would be) running along the rwy regardless of cct type.

If you are teaching flying further away than this could you please tell me why as I am confused as to why you would want to place yourself in an a/c near the ground with no sensible options in the case of FLWOP. Giving the student more time doesn't mitigate indoctrinating them at such an early stage something that could get them into trouble later on in life.

If you think the ccts at WW are big try ones you see at Elstree and Blackbush often 2.5d out!!!