PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME IR in Spain
Thread: ME IR in Spain
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 13:28
potter5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English Instrument Rating in Spain

Can anyone give me any info on completing an IR in Spain. I have managed to get a list of all the schools based in Spain and, have done a search on PPRUNE. The search came back with some good info but a lot of it is over a year old and, many things can change in a year! However, I have managed to get plenty of info on flight training Europe in Jerez.

I am a JAA CPL holder and, am looking at completing my IR at a Spanish flight training organisation, who offers the course in English. I am interested in hearing from students past and present, modular, or integrated (both British and, non British) on what they think of their training.

I particular I would like to know what you think of the level of instruction? Do the instructors speak good English?

Have you had any problems with ATC only speaking in Spanish?

What are the aircraft like? Are they well maintained?

I have read on a previous post Cuatro Vientos is very busy and can be quite dangerous. Is it that bad? Do you end up having to hold for a long time? Is this the same at any of the other airfields in Spain?

How long will I need to allow to complete the IR? Some schools say 3 weeks, some say 3 months.

Do you have any recommendations for accommodation?

If you have any comments you don’t think are suitable for this forum please feel free to send me a personal message.

Thanks.