PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Overseas Basings.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 09:35
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Tic,
Is life so bad in the UK that a bit of sunshine in Dubai justifies crap schooling, split families and poor pay!!!!
There are a lot of good things with EK. Mostly work mates.....but really all this talk of sunshine and sitting on the beach does not pay the mortage!
Think of the poor fella who must be joining soon (if not already) who is going to have to survive for a long time on FO pay, as all the commands are taken!!!!!
When work mates get sacked to help cover up other issues, it proves we are all living on borrowed time.
Kids grow up way too quickly..and to have no choice (as many pilots have no choice as of this September) but to send your kids thousands of miles away to get an education...is not a good option (well its not outside of the UK anyway!).
I don't think I ever saw anything other than praise written about EK prior to a few years ago. But then its agenda changed. First with our training department, then with the rest of flight ops. And all we can do is look on as our contract is further erroded.
Wearing the rose tinted glasses does not help our plight...and is certainly not fair to those who are considering giving up good jobs to come here to work. At least try and be truthful, so they may make a fully informed decision.
There are a lot of good things about Dubai and EK. But I think you would be fibbing to mention the pay and education on that list.
Rant over...will now enjoy yet another min rest (like everyone else) before before facing yet another sun rise!
Don