PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star helping out Virgin Blue !
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2004, 04:11
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Whilst we all throw sticks and stones at each other, we miss out on one fundamental issue.

That is, a united approach between both AIPA and the IPG when Jet* was first mooted could have seen a mutually beneficial outcome. That both organisations lacked visionaries to make this happen at the time is regrettable.

Secondly, our anger and dismay shouldn't be directed at each other but at the QF management who precipitated all this knowing exactly how the respective pilot groups would respond. The inane finger pointing and name calling from BOTH sides continues to show exactly how right that management were and how pilots continue to attack each other whilst letting the big picture monumentally escape them.

The point I DO agree with is that why are some pilots not acceptable to fly QF mainline but OK to fly for the QF group at cheaper rates. However, that question should be asked by those who didn't get into QF 'mainline' and continue to ply the skies for all the subsidiaries and used to push for further opportunities in mainline. If I'm 'OK' to fly for the group, WHY NOT for mainline. We go the 'group' hard on this then we ALL win. However, this constant shooting off at the mouth at each shows us all for the losers we actually are!

You guys may consider the 'back and forwad' on PPRUNE 'sport' but in the end, every time we 'go off' at each other on this forum, we're putting the gun against our foot and pulling the trigger.

Sorry, as a perpetual optimist and a Christian, I continue to strive and hope for a time when we'll work together without bagging each other out in a hateful way. I guess I should know better. Still, it won't stop me from telling you children to 'knock it off'.