PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF seniority numbers
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2004, 00:15
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
One reason I've heard, Wingnutt, is that these individuals are AIPA due-paying members from the day they start their employment (anyone confirm?)... Therefore, AIPA is looking after its current members before those yet to come. Fair enough.
Having said that, I reckon QF are, ironically, again erecting a barrier to pilot promotion for those who are employed with substantial experience for all the usual reasons and subsequently realise that IF they they the take first-available promotional opportunity they will only be later stacked on by those who were, up 'til that point, too inexperienced for the position.
Now, no-one will reject a job. There has always been someone willing to take the promotions and be junior (and reserve the right to complain about their early promotion too!). Maybe the current impetus for 'rostering rule' changes will alter the way some choose to progress their career. But I get concerned when some judge the choices of others (re promotion or otherwise) while defending the very system which allows/defends/drives the choices individuals make. To them I say, you can't have an each way bet....
And regardless of your take on things, you can still enjoy the job or move on to greener pastures as required.