PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does a Captain expect from a FO?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2004, 08:58
whatunion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you bbub and hudson,

bbub your lengthy post is excellent and i feel i have for the first time in my aviation career received a crm course! more please.

this is the sort of material that should be used on crm courses. i have no interest in finding out which side of my brain does what but i am interested to find out what irritates others on the flight deck. for example has anyone ever heard of anyone discussing the reading of papers on a flight deck. we all do it but as bbub says there is a time and a place. i must relate an incident told to me by a rather mavrick fo for a well known holiday airline!

the fo was reading the newspapers in the cruise when the captain said to him, i dont think anything should be read on this flightdeck which does not pertain to the safety of the operation.

the fo replied, " you wont want to read my paper then, will you ?"

both of your posts should be standard talk on crm courses, so why arnt they? surely we all know what you have just written is commonplace.

could be that crm, as in our company is presented by someone who has no experience of airline flight deck operation.