PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star helping out Virgin Blue !
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2004, 03:51
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZBUSDRIVER

Well you were lucky it was QF and not J*. If I was the captain of that flight and it looked like this was going to delay the flight, I would have demanded the airport supervisor explain why the flight was left open beyond the 30-minute cutoff time. I’m sure that most people that miss flights think they leave home with plenty of time to spare. Why should any airline inconvenience the majority that do make the trouble to get to the airport with plenty of time to spare because of some that leave it way too fine. I’m not saying you have, but don’t blame the airline if it leaves without you. Sob stories don’t cut it on my flight deck and if you aren’t there on time and the ground staff are hesitating (which I can tell you in my outfit they wouldn’t be), I will order the door closed. The effects of a late departure on OTP for the rest of the day is way too big a price to pay for a couple of late passengers. Sorry but they are the facts and you will have to live with it. If you think J* started this you are very mistaken. QF, DJ, SQ, CX, etc all have very rigid check in times. All I can say is you were very lucky this time.