PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tail strike at Faro
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2004, 15:57
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well GB still have time! The A321 is one of those aeroplanes that can bite. In my company we fly A320, A321 and A330. I only get to fly the A321 every now and then, normally line training flights! Hence very wary of the beast. All to easy to smack the tail on take-off or landing.

Also hope the crew were treated fairly, this is an aeroplane with a reputation. Agree with the comments on auto thrust the newer A320's with CFM and the A330 also have problems with slow to respond auto thrust. Airbus have just published a new blue bulletin that covers the subject. At last they have recomended what many of us have been doing for a while.

Also the A321 flies down the approach very close to VLS so not a lot of room for error near the ground if it gets slow and the autothrust does not respond quickly. The tail strikes we have had have been blamed on the auto thrust being out. I think the real problem is airbus have pushed leaving the auto thrust in for so long guys now struggle with it out. When the work load increases mistakes are then made.