PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Flight Training, South Africa
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2004, 09:08
wheels up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am suprised you ask, Centre, since you obviously have inside information!! For a person based in Edinburgh you have a remarkable amount of interest in / information about this incident:

I notice that of your 6 posts, every one has been related to or a plug for either FTC and now GFT.

Found these posts of yours interesting:

posted 10th December 2002 12:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JAR PPL in Africa??

I am in England and am wanting to do my PPL and perhaps continue further to ATPL. I have heard that SA is a good place to go because of the obvious cheap sunlight. But I want a JAR approval so that I can fly back here. Have heard that some schools advertise JAR but don't actually have it. Can anyone tell me if there any good flying schools in South Africa that have JAR approval??

posted 22nd January 2003 14:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTC

I went out from England recently and did my PPL at FTC and had a really good experience. The instructors are very good and I had a good, cheap time in the sun. And the JAR PPL from FTC in South Africa is very well recognised over here. So, from my experience, FTC is not a bad place at all.

posted 24th January 2003 18:42
JBG PPL

Well, this hoohah about FTC seems a bit odd to me as I know loads of people from our muddy island that have very good things to say about it. I was there a while back and I got in a good average of hours a day.
They organised everything for me and everything ran pretty smoothly. Food wasn't very good in the accommodation but from what I have heard that's all changed.
Anyhow, my experience of flying school's is limited but I think FTC is a very good school.

So on the 10 th Dec 2002 you are in England (funny - I always thought Edinburgh was in Scotland!) making initial enquiries about doing a PPL in SA. By 22nd Jan 2003 you are talking about the PPL you completed recently - wow- pretty good going considering you must have done your training at FTC over Christmas / New Year. Who is your travel agent - I always battle to get air-tickets to SA that time of year, especially at short notice.

By the 24 th Jan 2003 you are already talking about the PPL you did a while back at FTC - doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!

I am sure that you will have a completely rational explanation for all of the above. Besides, things aren't always what they seem!

Last edited by wheels up; 14th Jun 2004 at 13:06.