PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qf Shortlist Has Been Activated!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 09:24
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!

I am a MAM casual out of Perth. Just to give you an answer to some speculation etc. i received a letter from QF the other day advising that there was a change in the procedure for MAM Casual Flight Attendants to be considered for Flight Attendant positions with Qantas. Basically every year, MAM casuals have the opportunity to put their names down for Qantas permanent positions that may arise, this lasts for a 12 months period, at the end of that 12 months, you will put in another application for the next 12 months. It is not an easy way into a permanent position as much as i'd like it to be, it is simply letting us skip the whole staffcv thing with an invitation to the selection process, so MAM casuals would still need to go through the selection process, but i know when we started, there was no statement made that MAM casuals would NOT be offered a permanent position, unless it's something that's just come in for new MAM employees, but by judging by this letter we've received, it covers all MAM casuals, old and new. It is also allowing us to put in an expression of interest in for a 10 month contract with QF L/H.
I'm gathering though, that anyone that takes the 10 month L/H contract, there S/H position will be given to one of the new casuals going through the selection at the moment, therefore leaving them no job at the end of the 10 months with L/H.

Oz