PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qf Shortlist Has Been Activated!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 04:09
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, the more I think about it, the stranger this whole thing sounds.

Firstly, I would like to make the following very explicit:
1) I have nothing against MAM casuals - on the contrary, I believe they do a great job!
2) I also have nothing against them being offered permanent work - makes sense, given that they have a work history and they are already trained for the role.
3) I don't doubt for a minute Peanut Pusher's info.

BUT...this is where it sounds odd that they are now being offered permanent work:

1) It is my understanding (from friends that have attended recent MAM interviews, etc) that recent applicants have been told that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will they EVER be offered permanent flying work with QF whilst working for MAM. Presumeably it's one rule for everyone?
2) On one hand, QF is saying to it's internal staff that there are no permanent flying positions - and yet, on the other, it's offering work to contractors who are NOT QF employees (no offence to any MAM people reading this, but you're not!)

Is it just me that see's the lack of transparency in this process?

How do you justify offering permanent flying work to contractors (which, essentially, would be like offering NJS/Airlink staff permanent flying work) - when you've told another set of CURRENT QF employees that there ISN'T any permanent flying work for them?

Although I can appreciate the cost aspect of it, it isn't as though there aren't the resources for training schools to be conducted. Hell, we've already seen a number have been scheduled PRE-end of financial year (when QF previously went on record saying there were no training schools to run for Australian crew prior to the end of financial year - putting Adecco training schools to one side). And they were scheduled with little notice (as indicated on this, and other, threads).

The whole scenario just gets stranger by the day - particularly when a lot of the newer MAM people are being told they'll never (in no uncertain terms) be made permanent whilst at MAM.

Or is it the case that QF are making the rules up as they go??