PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Arrogance Of Britannia 034A
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 02:23
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who amongst us hasn't become exasperated with something at some time and perhaps unwisely with the benefit of hindsight said something we might have regretted once the blood pressure dropped a bit ? It is very difficult sometimes to guage tone from a radio call and thereby interpret someones mood or frustration. Even when that is not the case, events (not broadcast) that surround the isolated fact may often provide a clearer picture as to why something has happened.

I am not attempting to excuse behaviour that might be or seem inappropriate, but I wonder how sin free some of the stone casters are !

In my opinion it was very wrong for the author of this thread to identify the target of his ire so willfully. The subject could have been as usefully discussed without being so blatant. The fact that this has solicited such a spirted response is perhaps not surprising. In my experience nearly everything you hear on the radio from Pilots and ATCO's is very professional and regular. Yes there are regional quirks and very occaisionally something ( perhaps like this) might cause you to look at your oppo' and roll your eyes. However that is no reason to turn it into an identifiable and personal attack. This thread says more about the authors judgement than the subjects in my opinion.