PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Arrogance Of Britannia 034A
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2004, 19:46
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have read Danny's posting several times over and I am the first to admit that over the last 46 years I have also transgressed on occasion. However I do think that there is a serious point to be made here.

All of us with a CAA license are well aware that they are tasked with setting and maintaining very high standards. There cannot be anyone out there who has not been exposed at some time to the highest levels of pedanticism by one of these "defenders of the faith".

If we are to believe the account given by "one four sick" (and I have no reason to doubt him) then it was one of these "defenders of the faith" who threw his toys out of the pram in public.

I think it is a bit childish for BAL Tastic to be threatening legal action for if the tapes were produced in a court of law as advertised, there could be a lot of egg on several faces. Is he saying that since it was a CAA pilot then that is OK?

What worries me is that the next time I do my 3-yearly TRI/TRE renewal and the "defender of the faith" tells me that it was not conducted exactly and strictly according to JARs then I am going to find the phrase "double standards" coming to mind.

Perhaps someone from the CAA would like to comment.