PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Arrogance Of Britannia 034A
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 22:15
Vox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

one four sick I’ve always found it useful to be in possession of all the facts before I let rip with both barrels. (Especially on a public forum)

It is truly wonderful that a Sky god like yourself would be willing to advise a lesser mortal on the error of his ways. I fear that sending a letter to the chief pilot at Britannia Airways would not result in the pompous hooray Henry getting the message. For that you will have to trot on down to the CAA and demand to speak to the CAA pilot who operated that flight. (As they do from time to time) I’m sure that he would be most grateful for your words of wisdom.

I flew with the pilot that was shot gunning that flight today and he said something about them being told that there was no speed control by the previous controller…but not being present I wouldn’t know.

While I’m at it and in your presence great one, may I confess my sins?

Forgive me for I have sinned, I did today enquire of the Spanish controller if there was any speed restriction, he said nay and I wantonly kept the speed up until just before landing when I had to run the flaps and lower the gear. This saved fuel, truly a terrible crime.

Forgive me for I have sinned. Today on departure I requested an early turnout thus reducing the track miles flown in the SID. This saved yet more fuel, truly a terrible crime.

Forgive me for I have sinned. Today I did lead the Spanish, French and English controllers into temptation. I invited them to offer me shortcuts while in the cruise. They surrendered to my siren song. This saved still more fuel, truly a terrible crime.

TTFN