PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS: have things started to move?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 16:20
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mps12

I got my first start date in about august 2002 (saying it would be july '03) which was about 2 months before they asked me to come for a medical.

I say my first start date because they then moved me and a load of my course mates back to January 2004 because of the new course structure. They then decided that they were going to run a full course in October 2003, rather than the reduced (guinea pig ) course they were initially going to do, which I managed to pester the HR department into putting me on.

What with the new course structure being brought in this July (I think!!!) its not exactly set in stone when people will be starting and what discipline they'll be doing, hence the uncertainty. I would treat any course date given just now with a certain degree of caution

Sorry to be a bit pessimistic but having been through the process I can say it can be extremely lengthy for some people and rather quicker for others. Who knows why?!? All I would say is don't be surprised if you keep getting bumped back and forward on the start date. Only advice I could give is to annoy the HR people as much as possible (in the nicest possible way obviously ) to try and be kept up to date and in the meantime get a part time job or something to keep you busy (and save up money in anticipation of the reduced salary!!! )

PM me if you want any more details.

FB