PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qf Shortlist Has Been Activated!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 07:32
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Seatback 2

I agree QF should look after their own before anyone else, its not fair that Australian cabin crew positions are going off-shore when all staff have contributed to the success of the airline in such tough times.

However, the divisional transfer agreement is set at 50 per year from Short to Long and vice versa. We all know about the progression agreement which up until recently has never been activated without permanent recruitment, however this was a huge EBA issue with Eastern so its kind of linked, if you know what I mean.

When it comes to other staff (internals) there is no such agreement, they put out a blue notice and staff have the opportunity to apply. When the notice was put out they did think permanent positions would be available, we know the rest SARS etc then the board position changed in terms of the type of employment offered.

Blue internal notices are put out all the time and on occassion these are withdrawn or due to other factors the position's are no longer available. In this case due to the large number of internals that were short listed we are hearing about it.

When I was at eastern QF recruited fixed term crew and casuals into short haul but QF refused to take progression even though they had taken hundreds of crew into these positions. Any regional crew member will tell you that this has been effecting them for over 3 years, its only now that the word is out that people are becoming more aware of the effects of QF's policy on permanent positions.