PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Tanker Plan???
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2004, 02:11
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Cessna, if this isn't a wind up then you need to get some serious lessons on 'reality'.

I was not prepared to give away accurate numbers of assets across the www, miltary secrets should remain so
The information I quoted was available on the web on the RAAF's very own web page. Here, I've even attached the link for you! RAAF F/A18 web page

... spent several years studying RAAF aircraft with the Cadets
Having had just a little experience with the syllabi that you are talking about, I know the depth of your studies with the cadets. Did you do ARA? From memory, there isn't a lot in there about air power. Thats a whole seperate subject in the MoCT.

Cessna, 34R was being facetious. Obviously gentle sarcasm is lost on you!

does the Goverment recognise there is currently a Tanker gap and if so why are'nt they trying to address it
Is there a tanker gap? I'm not convinced there is- especially given the types of conflicts that we could be expected to be involved in and the support that would be available for such a conflict.

Secondly, even if there IS a gap, perhaps the cost of addressing the alleged gap is something that the government has in mind. It's all about threat/cost. Isn't a high threat and the cost of these assets is high. Doesn't take long to work that one through.

Seriously cessna, either your winding up or naieve- either way, you've been exposed for one of them.