PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qf Shortlist Has Been Activated!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 11:50
ozflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At an end.....

I write this post with disappointment.......had to do one of the most difficult things I have ever done this afternoon.

After receiving a call from QF HR late yesterday, and subsequently being offered a 10 month contract based in SYD (with training starting in one week!) I had to turn down that particular training school as I couldn't possibly only give my current airline only 1 weeks notice AND move to another state........so the lovely lady said that she would call me back in the next couple of days with (hopefully) another later date.

Got the 2nd call this morning offering a school in just under three weeks - better timing - however was told that these contracts will most DEFINITELY terminate next May......and have been also told by a very reliable source that these will not be extended (they'll be used just to cover a spike in flying-and until the London base opens).

Unfortunately, I couldn't jusify leaving a full-time flying job for 10months AND moving to another state for the position.

Such a pity that we have been made wait 16 months for a 10 month position.

I really hope it works out for my fellow shortlisters - and that you internals are offered a perm possie.

C u soon.

Oz