PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Arrogance Of Britannia 034A
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2004, 15:36
Expeditedescent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheesh, I'm surprised that posting my own experiences has drawn such ire.

Sorry if anyone doesn't like it but it's fact.

R1, had I any levels available I may have used one, however my transmission was brief, direct and achieved said goal.

AMEX,

I don't have a problem with asking for direct at the right time. When the frequency is going balls out it's a bit stupid to ask, if it suits the controllers plan he/she will have already issued it.

Comparing Maastricht UAC and London TC is a bit disingenuous, in London TC if a direct is available it will be given without asking more often then not. The constraints of airspace and procedures make such opportunities very limited however.

The title "Can we Airways" is one not used by me, but has evolved over the years and is used frequently by ATC staff when BY comes up in conversation. Why is that...............Do we all have some kind of vendetta against BY?

The fact is AMEX, in reference to:
"you say, you remember once a Britannia blah blah.... Big deal! Surely with your vast experience you must also remember at least in one occasion when a BA,AF,LF,SR,AA,..... was rude to you. Why don't you tell us about it so we can too get a "fair" idea of what these guys are like."

No other airline has acted in my experience in such a way as that BY crew. So I can't regail you with any other examples, I also guess you did not read the MYT crew exchange I gave at the end of my post.

Yet another example of someone who doesn't like what someone is saying so has to resort to attacking.

That is my experience of dealing with BY, I'm sorry you don't like it or agree with it, but that's how it is.