PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Arrogance Of Britannia 034A
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2004, 23:03
caniplaywithmadness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ojuka,

Not wishing to rain on your parade, at busy times it actually helps Glasgow out when we're on 05 if the jets can go right due to the amount of slower traffic we have outbound to the highlands and islands.

The only time traffic will not get a right turn is because of a large amount of edinburghj outbounds which conflict with anything turning right at or befoore the GLG and departing into TMA airspace.

As a Glasgow Controller, I will try and get you the most expeditious route, especially when it means I can get that ATP or Saab out to the west 2 minutes behind you on a direct route.

I remember a particular incident a few weeks ago when a BAW shuttle asked for a right turn off 05 from the GLG, I co=ordinated with Scottish and got him GLG right turn direct MCT and then he changed his mind and said he needed to fly the SID due to being early???

I apprecitae that timings are paramount but why the hell ask for the early turn to save miles, increase my workload to get it for you and then change your mind????