PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar cabin cleaning?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2004, 09:21
captain_josh18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditzy... your right

I have done a fair few 25 minute turn arounds, and providing that everyone helps out and everything goes to plan, then it should all go well.

I know in MEL we have a concourse person, who meet and greets all arriving aircraft, i have done a fair bit of this position and have an absolute ball, meeting crew and gaining friendships! By the end of the week we all know each other. Anyway, if this person gets the aircraft ontime,which i dont recall anyone
missing a flight, helps get everyone off, including SSR's then everyone is normally off within 8-20 mins. Then, depending on the person, i usuaally help with the crossing of seatbelts and picking up rubbish, cutting cleaning time.

However, its also the CSO at the checkin's role that plys a vital role in the turn around. If they are continuring to check-in after the 30 minute cut off, then there is noway that the aircraft will get away ontime! Some CSO's let people in 5 mins after closing,giving them only 3 mins to get from the checkin to the gate... impossible! So we dont wait in MEL, once 30 mins is gone and noone in the line, sign closed... seeya later. everyone knows the rules... rules for one rules for all! If everyone can manage to get there between 2 hours and 30 mins prior, so can you.

So if all that goes well and everyone is off ontime, as soon as the CSO arrives at the gate the cabin crew should be ready for boarding. With team work and Infants, Wheelies and elderly first to board before other pax, they are out the way and wont slow the process down. Boarding takes only 10 mins, Takes 3 mins to get everything signed and checked... door closed, aerobridge back.. Seeya later... Off blocks in, and most times just under the 25 mins, depending on how everyone works together. I do admit that we have some people with us that slow the turnaround time down, but we will get there, we have olny been operating 2 weeks.

Ok im finishing babbly crap... just giving the way the turn arounds go when im on concourse.. cause if the CSO's are up here when im about to board, i either ring them or radio them to tell them to hurry up.

Ditzy, i havnt ever seen the pilots cleaning, and when cabin crew require vaccuming, i try to help wheever posible, depending on other flights arriving. But i you dont believe me...get a stop watch and go sit at the airport... It can be done! and Jetstar will prove that, and some of us have already prooved it.

Ok ill shutup now!

OOOOOOOOOPSIES!!!!!

Ok ok ok!! I meant 8-10 mins NOT 8-20mins!!

Not used to typing on the laptop! Please dont eat my head off this time for some dumb mistake! Hey at least i corrected it straight away fo you!