PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA validations
Thread: CAA validations
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2004, 21:29
gonso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CAA validations

Anyone knows the answer to that?
I have an ICAO ATPL (EU)and operate fo years now as f/o for a uk airline, under UK CAA VALIDATION which I renew every year. My validation is to operate as co-pilot.

Although I have thousands of hours , I have very very little command time (because I started very young on jets). Cant get JAR ATPL conversion (no 1500h cmd) . In order to get a validation for commander I know I need 1500hr command as well. Could these hours be PIC under supervision hours on multi-pilot ops? . They cannot be PIC u/s for JAA ATPL. Can they be for a PIC validation I wonder.

It is very unfair I reckon , to be living in Britain for all these years , see people from all over europe coming over , forming huge queues in CAA gatwick, getting JAR licences simply because they have command time, without having any intention to work here. On the other end are some of us living and working here -struggling to get in touch with Licencing- who are basically deprived of the right to get a command irrespective of large airline experience with a reputable UK operator.
Anyway , if anyone has a clue , please respond, thanks