PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T failure
Thread: R/T failure
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 08:37
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My initial feelling was to adhere to the descent profiles if there were any. However I didn't post but went to check the books yesterday to find my other feeling correct, i.e. that LAM arrival has no profiles, only planning guidlines so to speak. And after reading the relevant chapter I came to this: Last cleared and acknowledged level to LAM, hold and descent at no less than 500 fpm down to FL70, 250kts max below FL140, to leave LAM at as close as possible to EAT / ETA, 220 kt subsequently descending to the lowest published altitudes 180 kt on final track, 160 kt to 4DME, land within 30 min, first available exit, wait for follow-me car.

It is not that I found such scenario somewhere as such, it is only what my best effort would be, given the procedures available.

Obviously I had a eye-brain trouble missing the descent planning requirement or it remains to be implemetned to our documentation yet. When did this change took place (supposing you refer to AIP UK to which I do not have operational access)?