PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting an air charter company
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 20:19
iflyanything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Citations in denham

I have been operating the C550 for 8 years into Denham legally on FAA figures Part 91. But the day has got to be right with WAT figures not forgetting you may land in the morning during summer and end up grounded PM if it gets too hot. Forget the CAA numbers or AOC numbers these are FAA FLT Manual approved figures. And dont listen too the rubbish about thrust reverser failures, they don't even come into the calculations its all done on the brakes. Reversers being the icing on the cake. As for failures ( I don't think there are many Jet aircraft around that would stop in less than 8000' of runway anyway without brakes). So if you continue applying God knows how many factors over and above the designers figures where do you stop. In theory you would never take off. Use the aircraft as they were intended and designed to be used within the legal limits of the flight manual and for once enjoy your flying and stop moaning if your company impose tighter restrictions. Lets face it, its the closest your going to get to landing on a carrier in a civil aircraft.

PS I have thousands more hours on Citations than 1000

Last edited by iflyanything; 27th May 2004 at 21:49.