PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to say NO!
Thread: When to say NO!
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 10:51
splatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I probably shouldn't ask the question, but where are the Chief Pilots of these types of companies and what are they saying when you raise the issue with them?

First port of call should be the CP.

If no action from the CP then a trip to the company GM or a Director, and if that port of call isn't appropriate then its off to the CASA local office you go. If the CASA local office dosn't deal with the issue then its off to CASA in Canberra. If CASA in Canberra do not deal with it then you go to the Minister. If the Minister dosnt deal with it then turn the whole affair over to public scrutiny and hand it to the media.

While your thinking about the above processes, even if you think it should be OK and its probably safe to keep doing what they are asking, ask yourself is it compliant with the orders, regulations and the act. Because if its not then you need to ask yourself do you want a criminal conviction with potential jail terms hung on the end of it.

Look, I realise that some operators have less than ideal Chief Pilots and some GM's/Owners have higher priorities than those of safety and compliance. But think about the REASON model of accident prevention and if you end up as that last barrier that prevents the accident, you have done yourself, your family, your friends, your Chief Pilot, your GM', your work mates and probably even the insurance assessors a great service.

My thoughts for what they are worth anyway!