PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Savannah Aviation
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 04:55
stickwithit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz Superman...

Having worked at Sav for a fair amount of time, I'd like to comment on a couple of your points.. Whilst some are pretty close to the mark, some weren't:

1. How many smaller GA companies that you know of pay for a Chieftain or Baron endorsement? Yet everyone seems happy to pay for it and fly for Virgin????
2. I never payed for a renewal when I was there.
3. "Get NO support..." Too many people just like to sit and whinge about things looking tough to other pilots, but never mention anything to the boss. Either withdraw your services (I have on a few occasions) or offer an alternative.
4. "The aircraft aren't flash from what I have heard and seen in pics." You saw them on the internet or something??? The best machines I've flown in GA, some paintjobs leave a lot to be desired.. but good machines mostly...
5. By all means ask the maintenance guys in ISA... but if you read ATSB reports and ask around some of their practices were the reasons both these wheels up landings occured.... An engineer had to be flown in from Perth to show these monkeys how to do the job.

By all means give people a heads up on what is happening in certain places, but don't get facts mixed up with quoting crap to make yourself sound good. Some of your stuff was true, but get it right before you shoot from the hip... Cheers