PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 21:44
Chuck Magutzup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been watching this thread for a while now. Time for my say.

Why do people attack Qantas after being turned down during their recruitment process. How is it that every person who is turned down by Qantas states categorically that the recruitment process is flawed. I know several people working for Jetstar who were turned down by Qantas, and from what I can tell, for very bloody good reason. These guys were useless. So, apart from finding these guys suitable on one pay scale, and not another, how is Qantas to blame for that? Now you may have some people working for you who are good operators. But you have some absolute clowns and rejects too. Yeah, so does Qantas I hear you say.

You Impulse blokes scream blue murder when propplever or Pete Conrad or someone has a go at you, but have you stopped to think about your situation? A significant percentage of you have been turned down by Qantas. Dont even bother telling me thats not true. It is. So, if you can't see why they are pi$$ed off at you for undercutting them, and pi$$ed off at the company for accepting it, then you will all suffer the consequences. And those consequences are sh1tful pay for the rest of your career.

As far as your rejects are concerned? Well, you really have to believe that if an airliner is going to have an accident in Oz, its going to be with you lot. Yeah, Qantas found a golf course, thats what you are going to remind me right? Watch this space. Jetstar and the A320 is not an airline that I'll be putting my family on.

Dont be at all surprised when AIPA members vote against you blokes joining, and vote against the 1 in 3 slots deal that seems to have been struck. I don't know of anyone who intends to vote yes.