PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2004, 20:30
flyingcircus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there does seem to be two sides of the coin here, and more often then not arguments give way to constructive dialogue. i am curious what would it take for say qantas, jetstar and virgin blue to have some sort of loosely based committee of sorts, i am of the understanding that qantas and jetstar are curently in talks, but what about virgin blue as well, the way i see it is that in the australian domestic market that if everyone was getting a similar wage then the powers that be have very little argument to try and undercut wages, perhaps this would mean some sort of pay cut to qantas and a pay rise to virgin and jetstar, now i know that a lot of people from qantas would diagree with this, but would it not give quicker promotion and security to your job for the longer term. it does seem at the moment that qantas pilots do have there back to the wall, but further alienation of jetstar would seem only to play right into managements hands. further more i do not know of any details but there is one world alliance and star, why is there not some sort of (dare i say the word) union between these groups, if it is okay for the company and the ceo's then why not for the pilots?
this is only my opinion and please can no one come back with, but if it was'nt for jetstar or why did the union not take jetstar under there wing earlier blah blah blah. please the thread started out on a good note, can we keep it this way.