PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Display of reckless flying along N Norfolk coast
Old 23rd May 2004, 07:22
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... no I lied, I need to post.....
tonyhalsal, we very nearly agree you know. Having a professional licence doesn't give you the right to hold the moral high ground. There are plenty of private pilots who are far more professional than the professionals themselves. We agree that the 500' rule is irrelevant in this situation and that some situations are best avoided. We agree it is attitude on the line here. Where we waver, is that only the 'advanced drivers' are wrong. Yes, we could probably chill a bit, but some of the more outspoken privateers c/should do the same.
Reporting? In 20 years I have NEVER done it and would only do it in the most extreme circumstances. I would guess that reports are rare. (I could be wrong). But, I WOULD report someone who was deliberately reckless and there was NO DOUBT that he was being so.
Your post is really close to bringing both sides together, believe it or not, even us old grumpy barstewards love our flying.
PS. My head feels a bit better now......