PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mail On Sunday Apache story
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2004, 01:12
West Coast

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Don't confuse this thread as anything but what it is, political banter. There are a few here that think that the UK isn't guilty of the same abuses in Iraq as the US. My mission is to fill the gap in their knowledge as to what the UK is doing down in the south.
I see the UK as having blood on the hands just the same as the US, do you disagree?

Absolutely I am concerned about the prison abuse going on. Those responsible need to be punished. I read today that it so far as has been linked as high as a 3 star general. (Sanchez)

The images you and I see on the news have to be balanced. One would have to wear blinders to think reporters don't have an agenda to pursue vis a vis politics. An example is the tape that was the genesis of this thread. It was shown in an edited format to sway opinion. Many willingly bought off on it and roundly damned the US for killing simple farmers. The truth showed something completely different. As to the wedding, I don't know. I try to balance reports of heavy weapons, sniper rifles and other war paraphernalia against the emotive pictures of bodies being laid to rest. I won't make my judgment based on what the media has to say.

As to "so called allies" (your words) I have long suspected a realigning of camps would occur post cold war. That may be happening now.
As far as our traditionally closest political ally, the UK they are shoulder to shoulder with us on the Iraq war. If you speak of the electorate, then you may be correct.

Apoligies about the threads not working. The historical perspective I inferred was about Brit soldiers killing civilians in NI.