PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Savannah Aviation
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 08:41
PammyAnderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HERE HERE! Cunningham
What a load of rot it is to say a company should be able to pay crap just because you are out of ab intio training. (or low time)

Mainframe, you said
"I'm quite sure that these legal eagles would have taken action against Savannah if a supportable case existed"!

Probably not. Most GA companies AT THE MOMENT are not under any award. However this is VERY SLOWLY CHANGING. As is the case in the N.T.
McDonalds,, Kmart etc as you have given examples "MAINFRAME",
have work rules protection. Even someone pushing trollies at wollies has a base rate, overtime etc. "GA".
It will take a long while but companies such as this, will one day have to answer to some regulation.
As for the other things like dodgy time/flying/maitanaince/choirs for owners etc. Well WE ALL know that they only do this cos of the desperation of aspiring pilots who slog it out for years to get a cpl and just want to fly for a career. Again though, lets pretend thats it is right that they can do it. That part at least is good to see is being aired here. People should know about these things and these companies.

Just cause you are newly quaified doesnt mean you shouldnt get basic rights etc.

I dont personally know you mainframe, nor savannah no OZ, however like you I DO personally know many of there ex pilots. They are just as good of a pilot and people as I have met from other places however even they have told me many mixed stories. (i.e no hoilday pay, the Loo conditions and the IFR renewals which YOU pay)
No one here is questionsing the skills of the pilots just the organisation.
As "Woomera" said, it has been going on for many many years but we all know that it doesnt make it right for them to get away with it.

I give OZ Superman credit. He (and lets not be blind, quite a few others on this thread too) have given examples of the rubbish conditions and treatment from this company. As he/she said, weather someone accepts this is up too them but I also think It is good for people to here what they may/may not get themselves into. As Oz said, I guess research is the key and I concur after some things I have heard that ringing around may a very good idea.