PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan PT22
Thread: Ryan PT22
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 03:19
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan

Hi MotF!

Your butt will fit in it - much roomier than the Maggie.

Unfortunately, the aircraft is a lot heavier than its British plywood counterpart. The Maggie will lift 2 x 16 stone blubberbutts, full fuel and still be more than 100lbs(approx.) below mauw.

The Ryan on the other hand has around 500lb only available, inclusive of fuel. In those days, 12 stones was heavy....

The lovely Nicky (phoooaaar!) has put me on a strict diet. Whilst this isn't strictly aimed at increasing the pax/ fuel options in the Ryan(!) it will help on that score.

I'll ask you the sensitive question, we'll do some calcs and hopefully go for it.

Failing that, I can find a lighter pilot for you - no problem.

Either way - you shall go to the ball. Looking forward to it my friend. You'll love it to bits.

-------

BTW - how badly injured was the pilot of G-BPUD? Is he still with us or did the crash kill him?

If he didn't join the 'Choir Invisibule' (Monty Python fans will identify!) he might want a ride in my aircraft and could provide some history on his busted machine.

I have bought 'UD in its entirety, sight unseen. However, I am told that it is restorable.

Being somewhat selfish though, I wouldn't get much for the whole thing as a project; I would probably pay more for just one 'widget' that I had just sold, than I got for the lot. (does that make sense, it is 4.00am!); These aircraft aint that rare world-wide - plenty of them in the USA.

At the moment, I have more than enough engine parts to build a second engine and have all sorts of useful airframe parts too. I am also in the fortunate position of not needing the money and having plenty of good storage space.

So, if anybody out there was stuck for a bit, I would gladly help them if I could. My plan otherwise is to identify/ label/ shelve everything at home - no room at OW.

HP