PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 00:21
ftrplt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and there are a few people here who dont read what is written..

Claret, please understand that no-one is berating you personally
there are plenty of people berating him personally

Then guys like ftrpt come along and tell us that we actually are worth less.
I have never said we are worth less; I have said the current market conditions and industrial landscape means that employers are able to offer us less with not much to counter it with.

I would love to get $500 000 a year, but unless the market is such that the employer has to pay me that - he just wont. It achieves nothing by getting all emotional about it and accusing other pilot groups of causing, just as it is pointless adopting a siege mentality about it. This wont stop it.

Twenty five years ago, what would the ratio of an airline pilots salary in comparison to a cleaners salary have been? What would it be today? I would suggest to all of you that the margin has dramatically closed, to an extent where cleaners these days earn probably more even than some regional pilots
Possibly true, but what is your point?? Is that your argument, that just because the ratio has changed then you must pay us more? I can see management laughing at you now. I guess supply and Demand has nothing to do with maintaining the salary of the cleaner?

YOU think this is RIGHT, ftrplt? You can rationalise this with all of the propaganda fed to you by management, but the extent of our decreasing remuneration is nothing short of criminal, and cannot be justified. Serious money, amos2? You must be joking.
Where have i said I think it is 'right'? What is right and wrong about this anyway??? Im sure the shareholders think its 'right' just as you and others think its 'wrong'. I think its unfortunate that the industry is in this phase, but I dont think its 'right' or 'wrong'; its reality.

What I do think though, its not the fault of any pilot group and I dont believe that it has anything to do with 'smashing pilot conditions and cutting airline pilots down to size'.

Whatever the market will pay, ftrplt? Good lord, son. The market believes that they have every right to fly between Syd and Mel for $30.
You have just agreed with what I have been saying; this is one of the factors forcing downward pressure on conditions. Tell me the downward spiral on conditions has nothing to do with Supply and Demand then??

The market, if they had a choice would value YOU at zero. And after your comments, I do too
The old 'they are out to get me blinkers again'; no wonder you cant see the forest for the trees. Just a plain silly comment.

You show the typical response of the blinkered QF airline pilot; everyones out to get me, its all someone elses fault, management are over-paid cronies and Impulse pilots sold us down the river.