PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2004, 20:53
proplever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claret, please understand that no-one is berating you personally. A few individuals here are simply highlighting the ever decreasing standard of our pay and conditions as airline pilots.

Then guys like ftrpt come along and tell us that we actually are worth less. Personally and quite frankly, ftrplt, I'm apalled at your "cleaner" analogy, because you clearly don't understand what you have written.

Twenty five years ago, what would the ratio of an airline pilots salary in comparison to a cleaners salary have been? What would it be today? I would suggest to all of you that the margin has dramatically closed, to an extent where cleaners these days earn probably more even than some regional pilots.

YOU think this is RIGHT, ftrplt? You can rationalise this with all of the propaganda fed to you by management, but the extent of our decreasing remuneration is nothing short of criminal, and cannot be justified. Serious money, amos2? You must be joking.

Whatever the market will pay, ftrplt? Good lord, son. The market believes that they have every right to fly between Syd and Mel for $30. The market, if they had a choice would value YOU at zero. And after your comments, I do too.