PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Display of reckless flying along N Norfolk coast
Old 20th May 2004, 11:01
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp,

I can see where you are coming from but there can still be room in this society to operate within the law and that we don't have to chasticise ourselves just because we may well be perceived to be doing a 'rich man's hobby'?

You may however be surprised that a lot of complaints are made by people who fly themselves rather than 'the general public'

It is with interest that I noted that the most fervent supportors of the line 'string them up these alleged low flyers' seem to be helo drivers (always dangerous to generalise).

I am all for prudence and against annoying folks wherever possible, however it is not always just that those with the biggest mouth/vociferity/ability in time/money and opportunity to put pen to paper should just be slavishly served for fear that otherwise 'things may get worse'

FD

Talking about which it is my opinion that the 'public at large' would be served a lot if we over here in the UK were allowed to fit (or in some cases on imported machines leave fitted) silencing kits to our puddle jumpers.