PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 21:51
proplever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very good discussion, and some very valid points raised. Couldn't agree more, Woomera. It's good to see this being tossed around rationally for a change.

Couple of points here. Firstly, DM. You seem to go on the offensive antime anyone states anything even remotely critical of Jetstar or Impluse. Offense is the best form of Defense?

I will NOT risk my family's future to fight on behalf of those who would undercut me.
A very good point, Three Bars. So, for all of those out there who seem to suggest that AIPA should have been more proactive in taking the IPG under it's wing, ask yourself, WHY? Impulse had already set very low standards with Jerry, flying the 717. So, why should (in principle) we (AIPA) have looked after them? Why should we continue to make attempts to do so?

"In isolation, I couldn't give a damn about the Jetstar pilots. "
Drunk, you must understand the context of this. You accuse me of not worrying about my fellow man, yet do you think for a minute that these IPG guys would give a second thought about knobbling a QF mainline pilot and taking his job. I don't think so. So, my point is this. By highlighting the poor deal that the IPG has accepted, and encouraging them to fight for a better deal, yes I'm looking after number one, but I'm also looking out for their interests and the interests of airline pilots Australia wide. I worry more about my fellow man than the IPG do. Rest assured of that.

Anything to contribute other than critisism, Rocks off?