PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline programme,easy jet
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 16:08
Captain_needs_a_tug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline programme,easy jet

Watching an airline episode recently, yet another case of not quite late pax being refused carraige because the Capt VIA THE DISPATCHER has refused to board them . Usually the aircraft is about to board or is boarding and the time spent arguing would easily facilitate an LMC in SOME cases. Ie small airport, no queues, handbaggage. bit of time to juggle etc. But this would require actually asking the capt, not possibly presenting a loaded scenario , if any at all.

It gives the impression that we are ruthless arrogant lot .I always TRY to board lmcs as it could be the high point of someones year and altho they should know the score , even one innocent executed is too many. I'm sure most skippers are a benevolant (or is it malevolant ) lot , so are we being besmirched on national t.v.by the chain of little hitlers leading up to the true leader of men in the cockpit. I have had many ocasions where i would have been happy to accept and have had to have a crm meeting with the dispatcher who thought he knew more about my slot and making than i did. Particulary if kids are involved. (pax Not dispatchers).

Maybe some Easy chaps could fill me in, or even answer .I'm dont want to argue the merits of a policy just the ruthlessness and some times "camp guard" ( i dont mean a soldier in a pink tutu) way its implemented for which we (as a profession) get tarred, when we may have known nothing about it.

Discuss, oops this is pprune i mean ATTACK