PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dibden Manor: Nice place but...
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 11:41
Poontang Luva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australians

Glaws and Torpedoaway,

You 2 are quite funny i must admit, I mean sure us Skips have a sook every now and then especially when we loose any sporting event. We whinge big time then. But i mean you two have started the ultimate 'Whinging' thread right here!

You went for selection and didnt get through. Big F*CKIN DEAL. Welcome to the real world. I'm sure you werent the only ones to get the boot. Lifes full of hard knocks and on the day they decided there were better candidates than you. Reading your comments its not hard to see why!

Glaws, UK Airlines, UK pilots. Fair comments i spose. But then again all us Australians (and every other foriegn pilot) have a British or EU passport, therefore we can work here. So on paper we are just as employable as you, just have a different accent..... 'mate'. If they select us foriegners, im sure their not goin, hey we'll hire that Aussie over a UK lad/lass. We just happned to be what they were after on the day.

Anyway, get over it. You didnt get selected. Dont take it so personally. Aviation is one hard industry to get into. A true test of ones character to see how you react to rejection. Do you take it on the chin and persue the next opportunity or do you pi$$ and moan about it? And cry about how the whole worlds against you? If you carry on like this and blame others (selection methods, the interview panel, foriegners) for your current situation and not take a closer look at yourself to see how you can improve and stand out, well enjoy staying unemployed for a very long time.

Have a nice day 'cobber'!

PS - Tron your comments are spot on.

Last edited by Poontang Luva; 18th May 2004 at 11:52.