PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dibden Manor: Nice place but...
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 09:17
torpedoaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, why don't we all look at this from another perspective.

What are CTC looking for?

Since we have brought up the subject of lots of Europeans lets stick with that. Why would they want more Europeans than English? Simple, if you want to spread the word of your company throughout the states its best to get people talking about you really and the cheapest way to do that is to take them on! Let’s be realistic, they want offices all over Europe; where in some states there aren't even corporate taxes! Why oh why do the English always have to look out for everyone else first, do we really think Air France would take on an English person instead of a National! God forbid!

By now you're either thinking that my God he's right! Or he's insane and probably didn't get through. Then you'd be right on both counts. I attended last year and I was dismissed in the usual 30 seconds of thought by the panel, and so were some fast jet/herc pilots and helicopter pilots who were way out of the league of all of whom got through to the end. Incidentally they were European integrated, far superior to our armed forces training admittedly (??).

Another oddity is during the personal presentation, did anyone else notice how they started writing furiously if you mentioned you did your ppl somewhere other than England? But wait, lets go back, why are they writing about you in your presentation? Why do they ask what degree you have or what school you attended? Perhaps if they had even bloody looked at the application I spent 234 hours on filling out the most ridiculous questions they might not need to ask. So from that we can deduct that they don't even look at it when they are deciding whether you get through, great all that wasted effort working my balls off for the ATPL's so that Pac-man and Ms Penelope can brush it aside like yesterdays newspaper.

Anyway, I have a great plan which will hopefully see an end to CTC and its discrimination and make sure that the English look after the English first, then we'll consider everyone else.

Gosh I'm exhausted.... where's that croissant?

ps if any of the grammar/spelling is incorrect and someone nit picks, I think they'd have a good chance of getting through CTC.

pps if any one mentions they are assessing our confidence and public speaking skills during the personal presentation, this I know. Still it is not a time to make bloody notes about you when they should have a copy of your app in front of them.

ppps I'm not racist, in fact I like continental Europeans it just that someone needs to stand up and look after their own.

pppps Can someone tell me why there are so many Australians in our airlines when we wouldn't stand a chance at getting in down there (I don't want to but it would be nice to have the option!).

Last edited by torpedoaway; 18th May 2004 at 13:00.