PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Jeppesen's Out of Date
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 08:13
johnpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I am not trying to protect the new system, nor do I agree with everything they come up with. I know for a fact that I am way down the food chain. If things are wrong and are not going they way they should, other people´s names are on the list to have a go out by the relevant authorities. All I care about is my legality on a day to day operation and "my" licence. The NAV bag issue being out of date, I agree that it has been proven that it did not work and revisions were out of date. The point I was making was that I as a pilot was unaware in legal terms that it was out of date because I was not authorized to open the NAV bag and check its contents. All I care about is being safe, efficient and legal on the day. The rest is way beyond my control and my responsibility. The FCI´s that come out are sent to the IAA so they know exactly how we should operate. The new FCI that came out, states that the brick is not complete and in the next revision it will be ammended accordingly. In the mean time we are to supplement our trip kits with additional charts. Needless to say how many more I take every day.
I am hoping as they have numerous times said that all these issues will be resolved when we get the electronic flight bag by this fall.
JP